Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend in Review

So this was the first weekend it really felt like winter- and it sucked.

Saturday we got up and went to the Please Touch Museum. Have you been there? It's freaking awesome. It's all kinds of little play rooms and the kids just play and pretend. L had a great time and Baby C was actually very cooperative.

Saturday night my in-laws came over- you can imagine how much fun that was. My MIL insists on using a super high-pitched voice when speaking to the children. She had Baby C crying in the first 30 seconds she was in my house. N even said, "Yo Mom, cool it with that voice." to which she responded "They like it." Um. NO. They do not like their ear drums feeling like they are going to shatter. And I do not like it. And your husband does not like it. And your son does not like it. WE do NOT like it. So cool it with that high-pitched voice, or just stay outside.

Another thing. Now, I know that my children are the most beautiful children on the planet. Really. They are. However, there are times to take pictures and there are times when having your camera in someone's face in just annoying.

A holiday- normal.
Eating dinner on Sunday- annoying.
A birthday party- normal.
While I'm cleaning L's face- annoying.



It's weird to me that MIL brings her camera to my house every time she comes over, but honestly, it is terribly annoying to have my picture taken when I'm wearing no makeup, wearing sweat pants, and eating dinner. She is the type of person who takes pictures of everything, but they're not good pictures. When she got back from her vacation to Alaska a few months ago she sat us down to show us over 300 pictures. There were only people in 7 of them- I counted. I just don't get the point.

Oh well. This is Thanksgiving week and I will be thankful. (and I will eat :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment