Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend in Review

If I had to describe my weekend in one word?
Fail
If I had to describe my weekend in two words?
Epic Fail.
 
 
I was considering whether I should list my weekend fails or if I should just give a run down of the weekend- and then I realized they are one in the same.
 
Friday.
 
I started my day in the best way possible- posting a picture of my scale with my current weight on Facebook for my 936 friends to see.
 
Let me explain: I am in a secret Facebook group called 'Biggest Loser' with some friends. We are all trying to lose a few pounds and each Friday we post a picture of our scaled. Whoever loses the most weight at the end wins about $300.
 
Well, if posting it for all to see wasn't bad enough, a few people commented before I had time to take it down. No, they did not say 'Wow- great job! You still have a newborn." 3 people told me I should get a pedicure and one asshat told me I should join CrossFit.
 
Okay. I'll wait until both of  my girls take a nap at the same time (which they have never done) and I'll leave them at home and go get a pedicure. OR, I'll take them with me. I'm sure the nail ladies won't talk about me in Vietnamese.
 
And CrossFit? Um...I have a really hard time finding time to get on the exercise thing in my basement, let alone go throw some tires. So I engaged in a little Facebook fight with this guy- I won and he pulled our convo off of his page- hopefully because he felt like an ass.
 
So Friday started wonderfully and I felt great about myself.
 
Saturday
We were supposed to go out with our friends for a 30th birthday and my in-laws were going to watch the girls. I wanted to put L down for a late nap to start adjusting her to the time change that was going to happen. Oh, she adjusted. She adjusted by taking NO nap at all. She usually sleeps for 2-3 hours and Saturday- nothing. So she was in a great mood.
 
We went out to dinner, which was eh, and the whole time I was wishing I was with my other friends. And then my in-laws called to tell us C had been crying for an hour and a half. So we left. When I went to change C's diaper I realized they had put a 2yo's diaper on a 3 month old. What?
 
Sunday
 
I woke up exhausted because L had woken up 4 times Saturday night. I needed to get some work done so I left for an hour to sit at Starbucks and get some work done. I stood in line for 20 minutes to get a Chai, only to find out I left my wallet at home. No chai or chocolate chip cookie for me. And I had to sit at a table in the sun.
 
When I got home I confirmed my fears- Lil is sick. She was miserable all morning, and it was getting worse.
 
Lastly, after giving both girls a bath I decided to treat myself to a shower. Apparently our hot water heater can't handle 2 baths and 2 showers because my shower was cold after 2 minutes.
 
To Sum It Up
 
I started my weekend by telling 936 people how much I weigh and ended it in a cold shower
 
Now, if you don't mind...
 


1 comment:

  1. I feel you, day light savings sucks with kids. It screws everything up.

    Sorry about your crappy weekend. Just think of how much fun we'll all have at the Christmas party together!

    ReplyDelete