Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Little Karma

Our mall has a small indoor playground where L loves to play. It's usually pretty crowded and I don't feel overly clean while we're there, but sometimes she just needs to get some energy out.

A few weeks ago we were at the mall playground and there was a little boy with a stinky diaper. When I say stinky, I mean I could smell him even when he was nowhere near me. N (my husband) and I were very judgy. "Why doesn't his mother change him?"   "That's awful. I cannot believe she's letting him run around like that."   "Doesn't she smell him!"

Fast forward to last night. N needed to pick up a big saw from Sears, so we all went with him and ate a gourmet meal in the food court. Afterwards I took the girls to the playground while N went to pick up his saw (because who doesn't need a huge saw that is too big to fit through the basement door).

About 5 minutes into our playground adventure, L says "I peed." This isn't uncommon- while she refuses to potty train she likes to tell me after she's gone because she doesn't like being wet. But, this time, she pointed to her butt. Why? Because her diaper had turned itself into a thong and the pee had not stayed in the diaper. It was all over her.

Did I have a diaper with me? Of course not.
Did I have the car keys with me so I could get one? Of course not.
Was I going to trek both girls through the mall to look for N? Of course not.
Did I let her keep playing until N came back? Of course.
Did I immediately think of stinky kid? Yep.

Touché Stinky Kid, Touché.



No comments:

Post a Comment