Thursday, December 5, 2013

I am THAT blogger

There is nothing that I hate more (okay, I'm totally exaggerating) than when I go to check one of my favorite blogs and it hasn't been updated in awhile. Welp, I'm guilty as charged. I apologize.

What you've missed:

*Visitors- My sister, her boyfriend, and his dog came on Tuesday night and stayed through Sunday.Usually my sister comes, says hi, and runs errands for days (because there are no stores in Washington, DC). This time she made a point to spent time with the kids. It was really nice. We also asked her to be baby C's Godmother (she is L's Godmother, as well). I was really sad to see them go back on Sunday.

*Thanksgiving- We had a really laid back day, and it was great. We went to my grandparents' for dinner and on the way home N and I discussed that the goal of a holiday is to forget we have children- meaning, there are other people to take care of our kids and we can just relax. My grandparents' house is as close as we will ever come to that. We calculated 3 sets of people to entertain the children before they get to us.

*Shopping- I was 'those' people and went shopping on Thanksgiving night. I didn't rush my family time and just went out after L went to bed. It was great. I was home by 11, in bed by 12, and I had all of Friday to hang out. My sister and I cheated the system at Kohl's and we skipped the 45 minute line and just checked out at Customer Service- apparently you can check out there and no one else knew! Score. I came home and ordered the rest of my shopping list on Amazon.

*Stress- N's job is not going well....and I think that's an understatement. So I'm preparing to go back to work and he's preparing to look for a job. This doesn't bother me, but he gets super stressed and doesn't handle it well. 

Okay...nothing really exciting, but now you're caught up. I promise I'll be better now.

PS. Is anyone watching "The Sound of Music" with Carrie Underwood? I want to be Carrie Underwood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment